WLfdmon is a simple korn shell script that will enable you monitor open file descriptors used by WebLogic Servers. The salient features of WLfdmon are given below:
- Can be run in interactive and non-interactive modes
- Generates statistics on open fd usage of WebLogic Servers. These Statistics can be used for trend analysis.
- Logs alarms when open fd threshold is breached. Alarms can notify Support Staff of abnormal application/server behaviour.
- Logs lsof output when open fd threshold is breached. This output will be useful for root cause analysis of excessive open fd usage.
- Housekeeping for data and lsof output files
System Requirements: Solaris/Linux, Korn Shell (/bin/ksh), lsof
(1) WLfdmon has been scanned and is safe to download.
(2) WLfdmon has been tested. If you wish to use WLfdmon, I recommend you also test it before deploying it on a Production system.
(3) Your rating of this post/software will be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to leave comments.